Friday, July 10, 2009

Palmistry: In and Out

Ragging is memorable experience in one's life. I have my own story to it. When we entered second year in engineering, we got the right to cherish our own creativity in that so called art.... ragging. I personally dont like ragging without creativity or innovation and hate when it gets worse and cheap. I never used to rag juniors but used to take part in this funny event and used to make sure that my friends were not crossing the limits.


One of my friends used to rag the juniors by looking at their hands, i mean he used to tell their future by acting like palmist. By now you must be thinking that how can we call this as ragging? but the funnier part was, every junior had to show his/her hand to him every day in the morning and pay 10 bucks as fee. I used to sit besides him and used to laugh because he used to tell almost same thing to all juniors and it was quite common that if junior happened to get different future on the following day. It was continued like that for a month, i guess.


However, later i realized that my friend had genuine interest in palmistry because he owned two books of palmistry. One of which, he got as gift and the other he smuggled it from roadside book exhibition. After this ragging experience, i was curious about palmistry and borrowed palmistry books from my friend and started reading. I finished reading first book in two days. After that i started reading the second book and finished it in one day. And i read those two books again and again. I dont know but was perticularly attracted towards palmistry and started reading many more books related to palmistry from library and other sources. I guess, the final book, i read was Cheiro's palmistry. By then i tested my knowledge on many of my friend's and relatives. I used to predict their past initially but later I started predicting their future too. During that period, whenver i used to look at any hand, the first thing that used to come my mind was palmistry . After six months, I realized that i was addicted to it. I was so seriously focussed on that subject that it dragged me into a complete different world. Funniest part was, I even looked my department head hand for 90 minutes, continuously non stop.


On the other hand, i was loosing focus on engineering subjects because of palmistry. In that one semester, i have seen more than 200 different hands. For some of my friends, looking their palms was every day job for me and even i was gaining some experience at that time. But I never used to tell negative aspects about the other person's life. I gave that to ethics of palmistry. Also, I always wanted my friends to feel happy about themselves, unconditionally.

But after sometime, i decided to come out of this addiction because i started looking at my own hand many times a day. Eventhough, palmistry filled some positive energy in me, i was never comfortable looking at my own hand. I used to hate that. After some time, I gave all my palmistry books to my friends and started reading different books and novels. After engineering, i was successfully separated myself from palmistry. After that i never looked back. This experience taught me a lesson and helped me to venture into my adventurous unpredictable future.
Palm Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment